So I didn’t exactly learn how to bewitch the mind, ensnare the senses, brew glory, or sit in Snape’s potions class. I learned how to be a better writer.
This a reflection of what I learned about writing at the university so far…..
- Concise is nice.
- Expand your thoughts
- Anything can be a resource for a research paper
- Got Writer’s Block? Take a rest, a minute, a day, then go back to your paper
- Peer Review Works
- Outlines (we all hate them), but they do work. Try the Story Board Method
- Read your paper aloud, you will catch mistakes easily
- Analyzing is not paraphrases and an extra sentence
- Make an explicit claim and/or argument, it will help your reader
- Know who your audience is
- Clarity is the best act of charity to your paper
- Don’t write a paper the night before it is due